Friday, December 16, 2011

Check

Hit my goal of 2,000 miles on the year this morning. What was going to be an "easy" run turned into a semi-track meet. Two x-country standouts/track stars showed up with Jay and myself to torch the Rayburn single track. We started off hot and never really cooled down. Pushed it for 6 miles in 50 deg temps (wtf....its was 28 yesterday?).  The kiddies had a blast as they've never run those trails before (and in the dark no less). Such a cool trail system that's well maintained.

Looking to hit up Mt. Pisgah this weekend with Jay. Looking like Sunday for a few hours.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on hitting the 2,000 mile mark.

    Just 80 more and you could have a 40 mpw average.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adam. Sounds like a challenge I'm willing to take on. 80 more miles in 15 days. Def doable. Congrats to you on your Hardrock entry and your nod on irunfar as well. Are you planning on doing MMT again? I got in as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2080 was my total for last year, with a year end kick to meet it.

    Super stoked for Hardrock. I got into MMT but I don't think I'm going to do it. I want to save my money and vacation time, and have an uninterrupted training period for the Big One.

    ReplyDelete