Sunday, June 3, 2012

Long Run

Started from Leominster State Forest on Parmenter Rd, then out onto the Monoosuc Trail. Never been on the Monoosuc Trail before and had a blast. Some good climbs and downhills and the previous rain had massive puddles and streams flowing in the trails. I was literally a little kid, jumping and splashing in them. The 4:45am start had me smoked by 5pm but it was so worth it. Big shout out to Jesse for showing me the new trail system. Total run time was 3:43 and about 21 miles.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! We will have to have a power meeting someday and map out all these routes! :) It was a great day out on the trails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, that would be cool! I'm sure there's uncharted territorty out there for all of us. Off the top of my head, I run (near Holden area) at the Rail Trail, Trout Brook, Quinepoxet St Trails, Rutland State Forest, Leominster State Forest, Asnebumskit in Worc/Paxton (a must run if you've never been there!), the Mt., the Mid-state, and Cascades Park (Worc). All good places to train. Let me know if you ever want to join and I can show you around these places.

      Delete
  2. Great run today, I was wiped out from the early start also.

    ReplyDelete