Monday, April 30, 2012

Updates

Spent Saturday volunteering at the TARC Spring Classic in Weston, MA. It was a huge success and I can't say enough about the great job Josh Katzman and Bob Crowley do with their events. First class people and first class races. Volunteering was so fulfilling. Yes, I did it for the hours to get into the VT 100, but after last year volunteer session at the Spring Classic, I had to do it again. It was great see people finish their first 50k or 10k for that matter. All those hours of training paying off on race day. Being at the finish line was a super bonus as I got to see the facial and body expressions first hand. If you've never volunteered before, I highly suggest doing it at any local trail race.

Josh and I actually ran 13.1 miles pre-race. We started at 3am (ouch!!) and finished up two hours later. He used me as the guinea pig to see if I could follow the course arrows and to make sure the course was clear of debris and blow downs. We picked up one large tree that could have been a problem and straightened some arrows as well. Good run and good pace too.

Ran this morning at some new trails in westboro. It was part of the charm bracelet loop and began off carol rd. Trails were well marked but not run on in awhile/used in areas. I can see this place getting grown over come summer pretty easily. Trail maps can be found here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment