Sunday, April 10, 2011

Long-ish Run and Weekly Re-cap

Missed my window for a long run this morning. Had a rough time staying asleep last night. My daughter is teething (3rd tooth!) and its been rough for her during the night. I stayed in bed till 7:30 when I had a wake-up time of 6. No worries though. I had a 2 plus hour window at noon and decided to stay close and try out the rail trail and trout brook. The last time I ran at these places it was icy/snowy conditions. Only minimal ice is left. I really pushed it on this run knowing that I only had a little over two hours. I powered up all the hills and really tore down the downhill sections. Shin felt fine with the montrail mt. masochist under foot.

Total run time was 2 hours and 13 minutes for 15 miles. Temps were in the low 60's. Absolutely great day to run.

As for the re-cap, I ran 60 miles for the week. This is the second highest weekly total for the year. Its also been only a week since my last 60 mile week. Last week was 44 miles. My right shin was bothering me a bit towards the end of the week. I will attribute this to the lighter/minimalist shoes I've been wearing. I think I need to intersperse them a bit more in my training. Maybe wear them only 2 or 3 times per week and not in a row. The shin felt fine on today's run with the mt. masochist which is like a tank compared to the kinvara and 101's. Got in 4 days of core and 2 day of strength training.

No comments:

Post a Comment