Monday, March 21, 2011

New Torch

Hit up the Rayburn powerline trails with Jay this morning. Used my new headlamp and it blew our minds. The Petzl MYO RXP is the bomb! No joke. This thing lit up the entire forest, never mind the trail below my feet. This will open up so many possibilities of morning running for me. I could only hit the powerline type trails because my torch (old black diamond) was terrible and I couldn't see more than 3 feet in front of me. I was basically scared that I'd trip and kill myself on a root/rock that I didn't see. Not saying that won't happen now...I'll just be able to see it before I hit the deck. Now I'll be able to run the tight single track in Rayburn!!! So psyched.

The run felt good. Nice coming off a rest day with fresh legs. Trails were muddy in spots, dry in others and one part even had a thick layer of ice/snow still. Total run was 6.6 miles in 1:09. Looking to run Tues/Wed and then some rest.

My new torch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment