Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Easy Run

Checked out the Quinepoxet Rd trails this morning for the second time this winter. I had been there mid-December and the the trails were packed out nicely. Not the case today. I had intended to do an easy run on runable trails. These trails were postholed to the max from what looked like Sasquatch with snowshoes!

I started the run on the main trail (abandoned rail road bed) and some x-country skies did a decent job packing it out. The only problem was I was sinking in and postholing every other step. I hate doing this because it ruins the trail for future users (me!), so I turned around and took a side trail. This trail was severely rutted out by said beast. This person/thing had the gait of someone that was about 8 feet tall wearing snowshoes. I tried like hell to land my short stride in the snowshoe prints but usually came up short. I was bounding down the trail at one point, just trying to land in the hard packed prints.

Turns out the sole of my foot is a bit achy as I'm writing this. I'm sure this was due to the odd stride I was attempting today. Should have know better and just went back to the rail trail. On another note, my shoulder is almost 100%. I was getting real worried after a month and no real let-up in the pain. Got lucky I guess and it has almost disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment