Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Road Runnin'

If you've been checking my running ahead.com or strava.com run trackers lately, you may have noticed I've been pounding the pavement lately. I'm doing this for a few reasons:

1. I need to get faster.
2. I need to avoid hills (try to at least), so my ankle can heel.
3. I need to get faster.
4. I need to work on my running form per order of my awesome podiatrist, Neil Feldman. Me thinks it easier to do this on the roads than on the trails.
5. I need to get faster.
6. I figure I'll get more mileage in.
7. Maybe I'm liking it? But it hurts so much more than running on trails.
8. There are more Strava segments on the roads around here than there are on the trails. So Strava segment hunting is back in full swing!

We'll see how this road running pans out. Maybe I'll even attempt to do a fast marathon or even a road ultra in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment