Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Rail Trailin It

Ran at the Holden Rail Trail this morning with Jesse. Cool dude, good conversation and solid pace. Felt good to get out of bed early and start the day off right. I have been enjoying the 5:30am starts lately but they often times leave me little time to do the mandatory things before the start of class (shower, brush my teeth etc....i know gross).

Jesse spoke of some trails he found off river street. Must check them out asap. Seems like the rail trail area keeps getting bigger and better in terms of trail running.

Thinking about switching up my strength training routine a bit. The front squats were good, but I'm not sure if they are helping me out in my overall goal of becoming a better runner. Looking to do more unilateral exercises is the way I should go while still incorporating a  bilateral exercise too.

Not going to do a ton of exercises. Just going to pick possibly two. A uni and bi lateral. Work it for a month, assess, then go from there. Then I'll know what works and what doesn't. Need to do a baseline run, like tomorrow, and use this to reassess my gains from the strength training.

No comments:

Post a Comment