Friday, January 7, 2011

100 Day Burpee Challenge Complete

Today I finished the 100 day burpee challenge. I believe it helped me, not only strength wise, but also in mental toughness. There were many days where I had completed long runs and did not feel up to the burpees but persevered. I missed only one day (day of the Stone Cat 50) and promptly made them up on the next day. Other than that no issues really. Elbows began to bark at me in the upper 80's (a lot latter than I thought they would which is great). For those who don't know, I have severe elbow tendinitis. twenty plus years of playing tennis year round, coupled with heavy crossfitting has trashed my elbows. I came to the realization last fall (09) that I needed to stop using it and start something else.

Read the book "Born to Run", ran my first marathon, then 50 mile ultra and the rest is history. As I look back, its been a fun ride to where I am today. I have accomplished so much is just a short time frame and am continually learning how to do well at this sport we call ultramarathoning.

Tomorrow's 50k is on, rain or shine. Thats how we ultramarthoners do it. Can't wait to see what I can do on the trails.



As for goals, I am looking to finish somewhere between four and five hours. During the stonecat, I ran 25 miles in 3:55, which has similar trails. The conditions, more specifically, the snow, could slow me down however. REST LATER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment